The Theory of "Evolution"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Theory of "Evolution"

Post by TinyJeshire on December 12th 2012, 7:46 pm

Anyways. first in the debate section, and as you can see, we are talking about evolution! And a few minor notes before we start, I have taken time to write some rules from THIS DEBATE ONLY. So without further to do, let's read the rules first.

Reminder the Debate Rules wrote:Rule #1. Obey All The Rules
Obey the TXW1 forum rules: http://thexwalkthrough.forumotion.com/t318-the-official-txw1-forum-rules and the debate section rules: http://thexwalkthrough.forumotion.com/t337-txw1-forums-debate-section-rules-and-guidelines

Rule #2. Do Not Mention Pokemon
We have reasons for this, I won't get into details but the reasons are very servere.

Rule #3. Do Not Judge People By Their Opinions
Just because people think differently, does not mean you can cuss at them or insult them. I understand that evolution is a very easy thing to argue about, but please do not start an argument or join an argument.

Rule #4. How To Post
If you decide to post, you MUST mention the following: Your answer on "Is evolution right or wrong?" and "Why do you think evolution is right or wrong?" and also support your facts. (If you don't have this information on your post, your post will be ignored.)

Rule #5. Sentences In Posts
Each post must be at least 10 sentences. To be honest, if you came here to truly debate not increase post count then 10 sentences should be very easy. As long as you follow rules #4, you should reach 10 sentences. This is a serious thread and section so don't come here to spam.

Rules #6. Do Not Spam
Easy rule. As mentioned in rule #5, don't come here to spam. it will be a report to the staff and probably 5 infraction points.

Rules #7. Posting More Than Once
This is ok. You can post here more than once. Double/Triple post wouldn't matter here because you need to talk about the subject and answer posts of others. So if you do it, it is ok.
Ok, you probably got bored there, but ok. Thank you for reading and lets get on with what evolution actually is.

What is Evolution?

~As you should know, evolution is the hypothesis that scientists guessed on. It is the idea that man came from animals. As an example: mice to dogs, dogs to monkeys, monkeys, to apes, and finally, ages to humans.

Reasons Why Evolution Is Wrong

In my opinion, evolution is wrong in many ways and here, we will discuss why.

1. Animals Do Not Have Souls
We really could not have come from animals because animals do not have souls. We can go to Heaven or hell depending on who we trust. After an animal die, they do not do anywhere because they were not created with souls. When humans die, out earthly bodies is not going anywhere, it says on earth; our souls are the only thing at goes to eternity.
2. Big Bang
Here is another thing: Where did animals from from in the first place? So, because the scientist could not answer this question, they came up with the Big Bang. This is another way for scientists to prove their theory is right. The Big Bang is a massive explosion in what we call outer space. Scientists believe that the universe was blank white before the Big Bang. They think it created all things including: humans, animals. water, food, plants, etc. Here is another question for the scientists: How did the Big Bang explode? When things explode, there is always a reason like a supernova. Particles in space collide causing an explosion known as the supernova.

I think I have proved my points so I would love for anyone to post here! I might add more but I will not for now. Anyways here are some results of peoples votes.

Evolution is WRONG: 1
Evolution is RIGHT: 1
1-1

Ok so, let us start!

Last edited by ~Bondilina on December 12th 2012, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Master Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Theory of "Evolution"

Post by Dustin <3 Ami on December 12th 2012, 8:11 pm

To tell you how the Big Bang happened is a different topic but it happened because of friction which caused heat, which in turn helium came into play and then, well the Big Bang. Now to the actual topic. Also it is believed that the everthing before the Big Bang was like a vortex of chaose or like a mass of particals that where causing friction.

Animals having no souls due to evolution? How does that work? It claims that the organism adapts and changes itself for its enviorment. Now if we go with your theory Bond, it means we don't have souls, because humans are animals. Now we can argue over relgion and what not but those arguments never end. I personaly believe in afterlife but this has nothing to do with evolution. Also everything we know, that's around us, came from simple one cell organisms. Now Bond please explain, why we have the same kind of bird over hundereds of years but their features have changed over hundereds of years. Now for the sake of saying it, evolution has changed humans over hundereds of years. We where not just there and haven't changed over about 2000 years? So I honestly think this is the eastist way to explain it.

Senior Poster
Senior Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TinyJeshire on December 12th 2012, 9:46 pm

Make it simplistic lol. Ok I'll add you to the right list kthxbai

Master Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin on December 13th 2012, 12:31 am

Evolution. My teacher told me about that not 12 hours ago, but I can't remember what she said.
Austin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Zackezon

Back to top Go down

Post by Evolution Master on December 13th 2012, 1:59 am

Evolution is definitely an interesting topic, and to be honest there is a fair amount of support going for either side as to supporting or not supporting the theory of evolution. As for me, I personally believe in evolution being real with my current understanding of it.

Evolution is a gradual change in the features and traits of an organism during a certain given time, and evolution so far seems to be a process of improving the characteristics of a living creature so that it would better adapt and survive to its surroundings.

The world is constantly changing around us, and as it does, some species of organisms die out while those that have the traits to survive live on (this is especially evident in the past). The organisms that do survive then go on to developing new traits by later generations. Evolution doesn't occur instantly, and it may take thousands of years for even one new trait to develop in a living creature. Charles Darwin brought up the point of the finches on the Galapagos in which one specific finch species had some members with larger beaks than others which provided them with benefits in finding food and other survival needs.

Fossil evidence is also another form of proof that scientists use to prove evolution; however, I don't have too strong of a knowledge about the fossilized evidence, so I'll just leave it at that for evolution. The Big Bang theory suggests that the elements and materials needed for life were brought to Earth in that event. I don't know if I fully support this theory; however, Dustin does bring up a good point. Single-celled organisms are the ancestors of our own cells and composition which would lead to the single-celled creatures to develop into more advanced forms as time went on...again perhaps for adaptations to their surroundings. Something as single-celled organisms could easily be formed if such a collision did bring the "essentials of life" to the planet, and to connect evolution with it wouldn't be far fetched imo.

Again this is just what I think in regards to evolution. XD

Regular Poster
Regular Poster

View user profile http://gamerzuniverse2.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMrTeunio on December 13th 2012, 10:39 am

This picture shows the hind legs of a whale. They don't serve any purpose at all, they're not even visible on a living whale. Why would the whale have organs it can't do anything with? The evolution theory could explain that. There was once a small mammal living on the land, much like a mouse, that gradually started living closer and closer to the water. It's genes started to change due to the change in its environment, making the mouse more like an animal that lives in both the water and on the land, a bit like a hippo. Eventually the hippo-like creature started to spend ever more time in the water, and over millions of years developed into the creature we now know as the whale.
Humans have some of these organs too. Did you know you actually have a tail? The coccyx is actually what used to be our tail millions of years ago. Humans started walking completely upright and had no more need for a tail, but the bones of the tail remained. The appendix is a similar story. It has no use to us humans, but it does to animals that only eat plants. This means humans weren't always omnivores, but could've evolved from an ape that only ate fruits and vegetables.

Another point for the evolution theory is just how incredibly similar animal skeletons are. The bone structure of a human is completely similar to that of any other mammal, a bird or even a fish. The only difference is the size and shape of some of the bones. Aside from that, every vertebrate has exactly the same bones in exactly the same places. This could suggest that we all evolved from the same animal. Most likely, this ultimate ancestor was some kind of fish, living in a time when life on land was still impossible because there were no plants on the land, so there wasn't enough oxygen for any animal to live there. When life on land did become possible, some fish started living closer to the shore and evolved into amphibians. Some of these amphibians started living further away from the sea, became adapted to life on land better, and turned into reptiles. Some reptiles (dinosaurs, as a matter of fact) grew light, hollow bones and developed feathers to keep them warm, eventually turning them into birds. A different group of reptiles started protecting their offspring and living in burrows for safetly, eventually turning them into mammals. This main structure of evolution would explain why the bone structure of all these kinds of animals are so similar.

Regular Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TinyJeshire on December 13th 2012, 6:54 pm

IceRunner wrote:

This picture shows the hind legs of a whale. They don't serve any purpose at all, they're not even visible on a living whale. Why would the whale have organs it can't do anything with? The evolution theory could explain that. There was once a small mammal living on the land, much like a mouse, that gradually started living closer and closer to the water. It's genes started to change due to the change in its environment, making the mouse more like an animal that lives in both the water and on the land, a bit like a hippo. Eventually the hippo-like creature started to spend ever more time in the water, and over millions of years developed into the creature we now know as the whale.
Humans have some of these organs too. Did you know you actually have a tail? The coccyx is actually what used to be our tail millions of years ago. Humans started walking completely upright and had no more need for a tail, but the bones of the tail remained. The appendix is a similar story. It has no use to us humans, but it does to animals that only eat plants. This means humans weren't always omnivores, but could've evolved from an ape that only ate fruits and vegetables.

Another point for the evolution theory is just how incredibly similar animal skeletons are. The bone structure of a human is completely similar to that of any other mammal, a bird or even a fish. The only difference is the size and shape of some of the bones. Aside from that, every vertebrate has exactly the same bones in exactly the same places. This could suggest that we all evolved from the same animal. Most likely, this ultimate ancestor was some kind of fish, living in a time when life on land was still impossible because there were no plants on the land, so there wasn't enough oxygen for any animal to live there. When life on land did become possible, some fish started living closer to the shore and evolved into amphibians. Some of these amphibians started living further away from the sea, became adapted to life on land better, and turned into reptiles. Some reptiles (dinosaurs, as a matter of fact) grew light, hollow bones and developed feathers to keep them warm, eventually turning them into birds. A different group of reptiles started protecting their offspring and living in burrows for safetly, eventually turning them into mammals. This main structure of evolution would explain why the bone structure of all these kinds of animals are so similar.

Not to fight with you, but how would all that have happened. Things just somehow grew from gills to lungs? Amphibians are the only things that can do that, not fishes. And also, you don't just grow feathers, all the things you are trying to say in unacceptible. Things doesn't just happen without something causing it.

How please answer my questoin. How did everything you mentioned here suddenly grew feathers or lungs. kthxbai

Master Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMrTeunio on December 13th 2012, 8:07 pm

~Bondilina wrote:
IceRunner wrote:

Not to fight with you, but how would all that have happened. Things just somehow grew from gills to lungs? Amphibians are the only things that can do that, not fishes. And also, you don't just grow feathers, all the things you are trying to say in unacceptible. Things doesn't just happen without something causing it.

How please answer my questoin. How did everything you mentioned here suddenly grew feathers or lungs. kthxbai

Scientists have thought about it long and hard. They've already proven, in an experiment, how some animals could've developed eyes. I don't remember exactly how the experiment went, but it was a very gradual process from light-sensitive cells to the complete structure that we now know as an eye. It's not like these things spontaneously come out of nowhere, they develop over many generations, taking hundreds of thousands of years. Feathers actually evolved from reptile scales. The scales became a bit longer until they stuck out a bit, started to become softer, and gradually turned into feathers. Lungs have probably developed within the gills of fish living close to the shore, starting as simple, tiny pockets of air. I don't have any real evidence to back these cases up, but I think the experiment that proved an eye could've evolved out of regular cells illustrates these points well enough.
It does sound a bit surreal for an animal to just develop feathers or lungs out of nothing, and that's because such a thing never happened. The animals themselves don't evolve, the species does. It takes very long and isn't visible from one generation to the other, but over thousands of years, I don't see why it couldn't happen.

~Bondilina wrote:How did everything you mentioned here suddenly grew feathers or lungs.
This is my main point here. It didn't happen suddenly.
DeMrTeunio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top