TheXWalkthrough1 Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Create a Video Game" Section

+2
Pika-chan
VulpineKeyBlader
6 posters

Go down

A "Create a Video Game" Section Empty A "Create a Video Game" Section

Post by VulpineKeyBlader December 31st 2012, 3:57 pm

This could be a fun idea. You could create your own video game of any style, and also people could rate it. But this could also be something rank restricted, you decide. I just think it would be fun to make and create something like this,like how you made the movies in Pokestar Studios in BW2.

Would it be a good idea/worth it?
VulpineKeyBlader
VulpineKeyBlader
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Back to top Go down

A "Create a Video Game" Section Empty Re: A "Create a Video Game" Section

Post by Pika-chan January 1st 2013, 1:08 am

I have created a few small games in Game Maker (Free, so I got it) and I would like to show them to the world.

I support this idea.
Pika-chan
Pika-chan
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

http://pikachumaster.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinyJeshire January 1st 2013, 11:09 am

Well, we need to SERIOUSLY think about adding a section to the forums. In my opinion, your idea suits pros and cons. Well, I'm okay with this idea, RS, but could you give me MORE information?
TinyJeshire
TinyJeshire
Master Poster
Master Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by VulpineKeyBlader January 1st 2013, 1:08 pm

Let It Snow! wrote:Well, we need to SERIOUSLY think about adding a section to the forums. In my opinion, your idea suits pros and cons. Well, I'm okay with this idea, RS, but could you give me MORE information?

OK, here is the info you need.

The create a game section: You can share your games you made to the world whether it is flash, a game idea you are writing down on a piece of paper, or fan-made. All the elements of a game need to be added:

1: Storyline

Every good game need a storyline. RPGs and platformers need the greatest storyline, due to the fact that they have seperate worlds/chapters in them. In making a game,storyline is 10% of the game. Flash games and racing games usually dont have a storyline.

2: Format/Structure of areas

If you want a good game, the areas are important. In each world/chapter/area, there are a certain number of worlds/chapters/areas that you have to design to have it's fair share of levels/rooms. Each world/chapter/area should have it's fair share of bosses (many RPGs usually have many boss fights in a world/area/chapter, but those are warm-up for the main boss of the chapter(which is at a certain area))Format/structre o areas is 25% of the game.

3: Playable characters/allies

Many games have a character to control. But, in RPGs, you can have allies help you in battles. This makes for extra fun. You only have a choice between select characters at the start of a new game, but you will be able to unlock those characters later. Characters make up 15% of a game.

4: Sidequests

These are the extra things that can get you optional stuff. Sidequests do NOT have to be done, it is your choice. YOU decide on what optional stuff you put in. This makes up 10% of the game.

5: Enemies

Most games have enemies the you have to defeat. Flash games and racing games usually don't have enemies in them. But, you gotta decide what new enemies you put in and what enemies are returning. Enemies make up 10% of the game.

6: Powerups/items

This is the big one. You always have tons of items/powerups in a game, you have to decide what items to put and what items return from previous games. You always need to aid the player with a large inventory of items/powerups. Items/powerups make up 30% of the game.

This is MY opinion, but this is what makes up a game:

Storyline: 10%
Places and structre of them: 25%
Playable Characters: 15%
Sidequests/optional stuff: 10%
Enemies: 10%
Items/powerups: 30%

REMEMBER: this is My opinion. Dont hate on me if I forgot a key element.

~KoopaTroop bounce
VulpineKeyBlader
VulpineKeyBlader
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple January 1st 2013, 3:14 pm

I don't get it.
Purple
Purple
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustin <3 Ami January 1st 2013, 3:46 pm

Isn't this basically a extension of the rom hack section?
Dustin <3 Ami
Dustin <3 Ami
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMrTeunio January 1st 2013, 4:56 pm

Ferro has a point. I understand it if you want to make games yourself and post them on here, but I don't really think we'll need a section for this.

If you want to post your own games on this forum, you could make a single thread in the Rom Hacks section where everyone would be able to post self-made games that aren't Rom Hacks. I think that's the best way to solve this.

I will lock the thread now.

DeMrTeunio
DeMrTeunio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down